- We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. We believe it is the revelation of God’s truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity: one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are equal in power and glory.
- We believe that all people are sinners and totally unable to save themselves from God’s righteous judgment.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him for salvation.
- We believe that people are saved from the judgment we all deserve by God’s Grace alone through faith in Christ alone for the glory of God alone.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- We believe Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind, receive His people to Himself, and make all things new.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
We are Gospel-centered
Everything we do at Trinity is centered on the gospel of Jesus Christ. We are committed to avoiding the two ditches on the sides of the gospel road: relativism and legalism. We avoid relativism (nothing is truly true) by taking God at His word and humbly submitting to the things He has revealed therein. We avoid legalism (salvation by works) by ensuring the gospel is preached and taught consistently along with regular reminders that we are saved by grace through faith in Christ, and not by what we do.
We are Reformed
We believe Reformed Theology provides the most faithful articulation of the teaching/doctrine found in God's word. However, we also strive to avoid being dogmatic and rigid. Our goal is to enjoy and promote Reformed Theology while honoring and respecting our sisters and brothers in Christ who hold different (biblically warranted) beliefs.
We are City-facing (Missional)
We believe the primary responsibility of a local church is to preach the gospel and make disciples. And yet, we believe well-made disciples who faithfully live in a manner worthy of the gospel will joyfully and passionately labor to be salt and light in their city. We believe well-made disciples will seek to be a blessing where they live, work, and play. And we believe well-made disciples labor to see mercy and justice prevail within their areas of influence. For these reasons, we are longing and laboring to have a lasting impact on the Twin Cities for Christ. We do this through our ministries, various partnerships, and church planting.
We are a Church-planting Church
We believe there is no more effective way to advance the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ than planting new churches; locally and globally. Although Trinity herself is a church plant, we are already dreaming and planning to plant more churches. If God sees fit to bless us with numerical growth, we intend to send out Launch Teams to plant more churches in the Twin Cities.